The Disability Law Project (DLP) represents people with civil legal problems related to their disability. We provide a range of services from brief counsel and advice to full representation to eligible clients and their family members.
Legal issues we assist with include:
- access to special education, health care, developmental services, assistive technology, and accessible transportation
- disability-based discrimination in employment, housing, and public accommodations
- children’s SSI terminations based on disability
- abuse, neglect and exploitation
- issues related to being a victim of crime with a disability
The DLP represents children with a mental health diagnosis in some proceedings including special education and access to mental health treatment and services. In most cases, we refer adults with a mental health diagnosis to Disability Rights Vermont.
We also engage in public policy advocacy to protect and expand the rights of all Vermonters with disabilities.
The Disability Law Project (DLP) has developed online materials on a variety of disability topics. Access them on our VTLawHelp.org website.