Are you already a client of Vermont Legal Aid? Call your lawyer or advocate’s office at the number listed below.
Do you need help with a legal problem? Our VTLawHelp.org website has instructions, forms and other information to help with many civil legal problems including:
- Family (custody, divorce, parentage, Relief from Abuse, stalking and assault, Probate Court and more)
- Health (insurance, access to services, Medicaid, long-term care, advance directives, Medicare, government health care programs and more)
- Housing (renting, eviction, foreclosure, discrimination, homelessness, mobile home parks and more)
- Money/Debt (small claims, bankruptcy, consumer rights, taxes, debt and more)
- Public Benefits (food, cash benefits, Social Security, unemployment, power and heat, emergency assistance and more)
- Seniors (power of attorney, guardianship, wills and more)
- Victims of Crime
- And Other Legal Issues (expunge criminal record, disability, education rights, work and more)
You may qualify for legal help from Vermont Legal Aid. To get a referral to Vermont Legal Aid or other legal help:
- Use our Legal Help Tool, or
- Call 1-800-889-2047
Burlington View map
264 North Winooski Avenue | Burlington, VT 05401
Phone: 802-863-5620 | Fax: 802-863-7152
Current walk-in hours: Monday - Thursday, 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m.
Montpelier View map
56 College Street | Montpelier, VT 05602
Closed during lunch hour from 12 - 1 p.m.
Phone: 802-223-6377 | Fax: 802-223-7281
Current walk-in hours: Monday and Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4:30 p.m. Office hours may change. It is best to call before coming in to make sure someone will be there to help you.
Montpelier - Mental Health Law Project (referrals from the court only)
Phone: 802-241-3222 | Fax: 802-223-1621
Rutland View map
57 North Main Street, Suite 2 | Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: 802-775-0021 | Fax: 802-775-0022
Current walk-in hours: Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Springfield View map
56 Main Street, Suite 301 | Springfield, VT 05156
Phone: 802-885-5181 | Fax: 802-885-5754
Current walk-in hours: Monday - Friday, 1 to 4:30 p.m.
St. Johnsbury View map
177 Western Avenue, Suite 1 | St. Johnsbury, VT 05819
Phone: 802-748-8721 | Fax: 802-748-4610
Current walk-in hours: Tuesday - Friday, 12 to 2 p.m.